Get 4CapoeiraThoughts on your email box!
- Lobo on Crowdsourcing to publish The Social Capoeira Movement and Its Activists book
- Gabriela Guimarães on Join in!
- Ruth Kimball on Capoeira: Have your say!
- brave on Capoeira as counselling tool for successful interaction – Volens Zimbabwe
- Communicating New forms of Belonging in the Transnational Space of Capoeira | Capoeiragem In Between on Communicating New forms of Belonging in the Transnational Space of Capoeira
Tag Archives: Mestre Suassuna
This is the final post on Mestre Suassuna’s biography, in it he covers his decision of moving to São Paulo, his difficulties as an interstate migrant and harsh times endeavouring to establish the practice of Capoeira in the South-east of … Continue reading
Continuing the posts on Mestre Suassuna’s biography, in this third post he shares more of trips to Salvador and the cultural context of that time. He also shares his experience with the beginning of the folkloric groups, Capoeira Angola and … Continue reading
This is the second post of the series on Mestre Suassuna’s life. It approaches his first trips to Salvador, contacts with other Mestres, and early take on Capoeira teaching in Itabuna.