Get 4CapoeiraThoughts on your email box!
- Lobo on Crowdsourcing to publish The Social Capoeira Movement and Its Activists book
- Gabriela Guimarães on Join in!
- Ruth Kimball on Capoeira: Have your say!
- brave on Capoeira as counselling tool for successful interaction – Volens Zimbabwe
- Communicating New forms of Belonging in the Transnational Space of Capoeira | Capoeiragem In Between on Communicating New forms of Belonging in the Transnational Space of Capoeira
Tag Archives: capoeira research
The global diffusion of Capoeira, as a historical and geographical standpoint, marks the rampant intensification of the art’s recognition intertwined with its commercialisation processes. The transnational scenario of Capoeira, established next, brought an intricate institutional, cultural, and economic interplay … Continue reading →
Vagrant Resistance: Syncretism and Rebellion – The first definition of Capoeira as fight/game appears in the first decade of the 19th century. The term continued, however, to indicate a broad spectrum of activities acting against public security and/or private property; … Continue reading →
(First posted in 31/07/10) Following last post’s line of thought, here it goes another piece of my PhD confirmation paper. It’s basically my take on the history of Capoeira. It’s not a novelty around here, rather it is simply my … Continue reading →