Get 4CapoeiraThoughts on your email box!
- Lobo on Crowdsourcing to publish The Social Capoeira Movement and Its Activists book
- Gabriela Guimarães on Join in!
- Ruth Kimball on Capoeira: Have your say!
- brave on Capoeira as counselling tool for successful interaction – Volens Zimbabwe
- Communicating New forms of Belonging in the Transnational Space of Capoeira | Capoeiragem In Between on Communicating New forms of Belonging in the Transnational Space of Capoeira
Category Archives: Come along to Brazil
Macaya means ‘celebration, party’ in Iorubá. Relying exclusively on voluntary work, the troupe was entirely cast of capoeiras, mostly of beginners without any previous experience in theatre or dance. Profa. Josi Rocha, besides directing and choreographing the troupe, was one … Continue reading
(Written on November 11, 2011) Doc Pascowitz, the surf legend and health guru, says that not every fit person is healthy, but that every super-healthy person is extremely fit. Game-wise speaking, the visit I paid Mestre Urso, resonates a lot … Continue reading