Get 4CapoeiraThoughts on your email box!
- Lobo on Crowdsourcing to publish The Social Capoeira Movement and Its Activists book
- Gabriela Guimarães on Join in!
- Ruth Kimball on Capoeira: Have your say!
- brave on Capoeira as counselling tool for successful interaction – Volens Zimbabwe
- Communicating New forms of Belonging in the Transnational Space of Capoeira | Capoeiragem In Between on Communicating New forms of Belonging in the Transnational Space of Capoeira
Monthly Archives: January 2010
“I have had enough of Capoeira politics!” In 20 years of practice I have lost count of how many nice, talented and devoted-to-the-art friends I have seen leaving Capoeira for this reason. Only that they gave up because of ‘politicking’ … Continue reading →
This is the last post in which I will be discussing my thoughts on Fundamentalism and Capoeira based on an experience I had trying to cooperate with another group/style to collect data for my research.
Matters of authenticity are very often related to aesthetic values, socio-centrism, and market reserve. The concept is usually applied attempting to validate or to quantify one’s perspective or practice over somebody else’s. It is also frequently based upon myths … Continue reading →